It works like a charm, thanks On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 4:47 PM, Marvin Doyley wrote: > Thanks, > > I will try the variable org-latex-pdf-process > thanks > M > > > On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 4:00 PM, Thomas S. Dye wrote: > >> >> On Nov 1, 2010, at 8:33 AM, Marvin Doyley wrote: >> >> Hi there, >> >> I realize that there have been a lot of discussion on this topic; however, >> it is not clear to me how to resolve this issue. More specifically, >> org-latex-export does a good job convert org to latex, but for some reason >> bibtex isn't called. My current work around is run bibtex in a shell after >> running org-latex-export. >> >> I there a more elegant way of doing this ? >> >> thanks >> M >> >> >> Aloha M, >> >> I'm not certain I understand your questions, but perhaps this will help. >> >> There are many things one might do with the .tex file created by the >> Org-mode LaTeX exporter: latex, pdftex, bibtex, makeindex, glossaries, etc. >> If your output target is pdf, then the variable org-latex-to-pdf-process is >> your friend. This one holds a list of commands to run against the .tex >> file; one of these commands can be bibtex. >> >> There is some discussion of this here: >> >> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-latex-export.php#sec-8 >> >> hth, >> Tom >> > >