* [babel] "No org-babel-execute function for R!" after update
@ 2010-08-24  8:24 Graham Smith
From: Graham Smith @ 2010-08-24  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have been away from emacs/org/babel for a coupe of months and I have
just updated the Emacs starter kit  for orgmode
(http://github.com/eschulte/emacs-starter-kit.git) with the commands

: git pull
: git submodule update

I now get the error

"No org-babel-execute function for R!"

when I try to execute code.

All was working before the upgrade, and as usual I don't know where to start.

 I don't have an .emacs file since changing to the starter kit, only
an .org file,  which used to have code to initiate Babel  and R, but I
took them out after babel became integrated into Orgmode.

Its now Org-mode version 6.36trans (release_7.01h.94.g25ac)  Emacs

GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.0)
 of 2010-03-29 on rothera, modified by Debian

running on Ubuntu 10.04

Many thanks,

Graham

* Re: [babel] "No org-babel-execute function for R!" after update
@ 2010-08-24 13:55 ` Erik Iverson
From: Erik Iverson @ 2010-08-24 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Graham Smith; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Graham,

You need to setup the variable org-babel-do-load-languages
as in the following:

http://orgmode.org/org.html#Languages

@ 2010-08-24 14:06   ` Graham Smith
From: Graham Smith @ 2010-08-24 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Erik
> You need to setup the variable org-babel-do-load-languages
> as in the following:
>
> http://orgmode.org/org.html#Languages

So I see, this has obviously changed as it was working without this before.

BUT all working now, so thanks.

@ 2010-08-24 14:26     ` Erik Iverson
From: Erik Iverson @ 2010-08-24 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Graham Smith; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 08/24/2010 09:06 AM, Graham Smith wrote:
> Erik
>> You need to setup the variable org-babel-do-load-languages
>> as in the following:
>>
>> http://orgmode.org/org.html#Languages
>
> So I see, this has obviously changed as it was working without this before.
>
> BUT all working now, so thanks.

Great, see
http://eschulte.github.com/babel-dev/DONE-document-configuration-changes-for-Babel-integration.html

for a description of why/when this done.

--Erik

@ 2010-08-24 14:30       ` Graham Smith
From: Graham Smith @ 2010-08-24 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Erik,

> Great, see
> http://eschulte.github.com/babel-dev/DONE-document-configuration-changes-for-Babel-integration.html
>
> for a description of why/when this done.

Thanks, very useful.

Graham