Suvayu, I read your comment, and googled about what I can't understand. In Emacs, M-x grep Filename * does what I want. Thank you. And now, I want to make it as one elisp command. What should I do? Can anybody write a simple script? Sincerely, Jeongtae. suvayu ali > 2010/9/13 suvayu ali > > 2010/9/12 ³λΑ€ΕΒ : > > Thank you everyone. > > > > I learned I could do it with grep, but I don't know how to use grep > > properly. > > > > grep is one of my favourite *nix tools. :) > > You can try invoking grep in many ways. these are my most used options, > > 1. simply search for a regex and show results. > grep -nH -E > 2. search for results and show results with context > grep -nHB -E > # context lines before matching lines > grep -nHA -E > # context lines after matching lines > grep -nHC -E > # context lines from both before and after matching lines > 3. You can try `M-x find-grep' if you want more control over what file > you want to search > find -type f -name -print0 | xargs > -0 grep -nH -E > > Note: find and grep regex are a little different from emacs regex > because of some quoting differences. 'man grep' is your friend. > > GL :) > > -- > Suvayu > > Open source is the future. It sets us free. >