* Making folded items less dangerous
@ 2010-08-25 18:09 Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2010-08-25 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi All,

I've gotten myself in trouble several times today by backspacing after
an org-link that ends a headline.  That's a typical pattern for
editing an org-link, right?  Well it turns out that if the item is
folded, then the backspace writes over the end of the un-folded item
but **appears to have no effect**, and you can easily hit backspace
several times to test your sanity before you realize that something is
wrong, badly corrupting your file.

Seems to me that attempts to edit a folded item should either:

a) restrict changes to the item's headline, or
b) unfold the item and do nothing

Is there a way to set that up?

Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing
http://www.boostpro.com

* Re: Making folded items less dangerous
@ 2010-08-25 18:14 ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2010-08-25 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Abrahams; +Cc: emacs-orgmode