This won't be exactly earth-shattering, but in playing around I might have a hackish workaround which may or may not be helpful... - I took the taskjuggler org file example from here: http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-taskjuggler.php - I added these lines at the end (from here: http://www.taskjuggler.org/tj3/manual/index.html) export "FullProject.tjp" { taskattributes all hideresource 0 } - I used taskjuggler-2.4.3 on the orgmode generated .tjp file to produce the "FullProject.tjp" - I pasted the reports definition from the tj3 tutoria file at the bottom of FullProject.tjp --- from http://www.taskjuggler.org/tj3/examples/tutorial.tjp - I then began some "tweaks" --- change all "plan: start 2010-xx-xx" in *milestones* to simply "start 2010-xx-xx" --- add an "end: 2010-xx-xx" to match the start of each milestone (they must be exact) --- removal of all references in the reports section to "plan delayed" --- removal of the phone contact info --- change from the report "AsCo.deliveries" to "accounting.milestones" Basically, I just kept running "tj3 FullProject.tjp" until the errors stopped :) Anyway, it wasn't *that* much to change. I looked into TaskJuggler quite a while ago and so I was slightly familiar with it and thought I'd tinker around. If org-mode picked up tj3 I'd be down. Without html gantt charts I don't think it has that much going for it so tj3 is pretty much a must for me as opposed to using the UI in 2.4.3. Perhaps my tinkering can help someone in their reworking of org-taskjuggler.el or to see how exporting and tweaking might make things usable in the meantime? I attached the tweaked "FullProject.tjp" file for examination. This contains the tweaked org export + tweaked report definition from the tj3 tutorial example that made a successful export to the html report files. Just run "tj3 FullProject.tjp" to see what is generated. John On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote: > On Mon, 06 Sep 2010 11:39:47 +0200, Christian Egli > wrote: > > > > Eric S Fraga writes: > > > > > However, org-taskjuggler seems to use the global value regardless. > > > > Hm, org-taskjuggler doesn't do anything magic here. It just takes the > > value of org-export-taskjuggler-default-project-duration. > > Yes, I can see that from the code. It doesn't seem to do anything out > of the ordinary with this variable. > > > > Is there something I need to do to get it to pay attention to my file > > > local variable value? A pointer to a relevant section in the emacs > > > lisp manual would suffice > > > > I just looked at the help string for defcustom (C-h f defcustom) where > > it says: > > > > > If symbol has a local binding, then this form affects the local > > > binding. This is normally not what you want. Thus, if you need to load > > > a file defining variables with this form, or with `defvar' or > > > `defconst', you should always load that file _outside_ any bindings > > > for these variables. (`defvar' and `defconst' behave similarly in this > > > respect.) > > > > So if I understand this correctly it appears that defcustom is > > overwriting your file variable. I don't understand however how you could > > make your file variable work. > > I'm glad you can understand that help documentation! I cannot figure > out what "... load that file _outside_ any bindings ..." actually > means! > > > Maybe the variable org-export-taskjuggler-default-project-duration needs > > to be buffer-local. How does this interact with defcustom? > > Good question. I'll see if I can figure this out (and play with your > code) in due course. In the meantime, I had to give up and have > prepared my tj file directly (which is not that onerous of course). > When this project bid is finished, I'll come back to this. > > Thanks again for your help, > eric > > -- > Eric S Fraga > GnuPG: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29 570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D > > _______________________________________________ > Emacs-orgmode mailing list > Please use `Reply All' to send replies to the list. > Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode > >