Thank you Eric and Erik for the incredibly quick troubleshooting. I updated .emacs with the setenv command suggested by Eric, restarted emacs and everything now works as expected. Bryan On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 1:51 PM, Eric Schulte wrote: > back when I had to use a mac, I would just symlink paths into standard > locations, e.g. > > ln -s /opt/local/bin/dot /usr/bin/dot > > Maybe not the most elegant solution, but it works reliably > > To do this the *right* way you can update the PATH environment variable > *within* Emacs by doing something like the following > > (setenv "PATH" (concat "/opt/local/bin/:" (getenv "PATH"))) > > Cheers -- Eric >