And here I am thinking that I'd read / understood the manual. *sigh*. Thanks for the response, no matter how tardy it may be. Time is relative anyways; when one considers all the crap I've done between having sent that note and now, it feels like no time at all has past. :) Cheers. Fil On 11 February 2011 06:48, Bastien wrote: > Hi Filippo, > > "Filippo A. Salustri" writes: > > > I have thought of a couple of ideas. I wanted to bounce them off the > > community before thinking about trying to implement them myself (I > > used to be pretty good with lisp, a thousand years ago). > > I used to reply faster to emails, a thousand years ago ;) > > > 1. A bit more structure to page layout. > > In particular I was thinking of this: > > a. one file per day > > You can do it. > > > b. date and journal name at top > > You can do it. > > > c. a right "sidebar" of sorts that contains tags, dates, etc for the > > item to its left. This amounts to basically a tabular page > > arrangement, and each "item" gets a row. > > We don't have sidebars but we have the Great Column View. Browsing > your file while in column view let's you display whatever information > you want about your entries. > > HTH, > > -- > Bastien > -- Filippo A. Salustri, Ph.D., P.Eng. Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Ryerson University 350 Victoria St, Toronto, ON M5B 2K3, Canada Tel: 416/979-5000 ext 7749 Fax: 416/979-5265 Email: salustri@ryerson.ca http://deseng.ryerson.ca/~fil/