On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 5:52 AM, Bastien wrote: > Hi all, > > The default when creating a clock report is to use :scope file. I find > it not practical for big files, where the report can take long to build. > > I'm thinking of applying this change: when called from within a subtree, > `C-c C-x C-r' will insert a clock report with ":scope subtree", and use > ":scope subtree" elsewhere. > > Please let me know if you think that's a bad idea. > > It probably depends on the number of people using huge files vs. those not. Or the number of people who want this vs. those that don't. Actually, I don't think it really matters because it's so easy to change it anyway. Once it's created and changed a little, I often don't change it again. Personally, my org-mode usage favors "bite-sized" files that get replaced over time rather than keeping huge files. My files cover one month and that's it. Then they are filed away. For me... :scope file isn't a big deal. John > > -- > Bastien > >