* automatic regression test (again)
@ 2011-02-10 21:08 Michael Brand
From: Michael Brand @ 2011-02-10 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Org Mode

(this is a fork of
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/35415/focus=37389)

Hi Bastien

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 15:35, Bastien <bastien.guerry@wikimedia.fr> wrote:
> Michael, thanks for the detailed step-by-step way of reproducing the
> problem with a bare emacs!  Quite useful.

If a regression test set would already be implemented or integrated in
Org I would like a lot to add by myself also these test cases above as
automatic test cases. _This_ would be really useful. Regression test
would be on the very top on my wish list for Org, like it is for any
project.

I know that mentioned here
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/31307/focus=31310
are several attempts for a regression test, but I just wanted to say
that I miss that too.

Michael

* Re: automatic regression test (again)
@ 2011-02-11 15:09 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2011-02-11 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Brand; +Cc: Org Mode, Bastien

Michael Brand <michael.ch.brand@gmail.com> writes:

> (this is a fork of
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/35415/focus=37389)
>
> Hi Bastien
>
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 15:35, Bastien <bastien.guerry@wikimedia.fr> wrote:
>> Michael, thanks for the detailed step-by-step way of reproducing the
>> problem with a bare emacs!  Quite useful.
>
> If a regression test set would already be implemented or integrated in
> Org I would like a lot to add by myself also these test cases above as
> automatic test cases. _This_ would be really useful. Regression test
> would be on the very top on my wish list for Org, like it is for any
> project.

Hi Michael,

These previous discussion resulted in the creation of a unit test suite
for Org-mode.  Look in the testing, specifically at

testing/README.org
testing/org-test.el

Any contributions to the test suite would be most appreciated!

Thanks -- Eric

* Re: automatic regression test (again)
@ 2011-02-11 21:45   ` Michael Brand
From: Michael Brand @ 2011-02-11 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: Org Mode

Hi Eric

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 16:09, Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com> wrote:
> These previous discussion resulted in the creation of a unit test suite
> for Org-mode.  Look in the testing, specifically at
>
> testing/README.org
> testing/org-test.el
>
> Any contributions to the test suite would be most appreciated!

Thank you for the hint, I will look into this later.

Michael