Ah, org-inlinetask.el, correct? Looks great -- thanks for the advice! Sam On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 9:14 AM, Sebastian Rose wrote: > Sam Cramer writes: > > When working on a document, I tend to sprinkle TODO headlines throughout > the > > doc. These are really very loosely structured; they just represent > things > > that I need to do somewhat near the area that I'm looking at. > > > > I mark these lines with a :noexport: tag in order to prevent them from > being > > exported. As such, they're not part of the document structure per-se, > and I > > often mark them as top level headlines. Since EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS > applies > > to a tree and not to a title, this prevents the export of any subordinate > > items. > > > > Here's an example: > > > > * An amazing headline > > ** stuff > > ** more stuff > > * TODO clean up the stuff above :noexport: > > ** this is stuff that I would like exported > > > > > > In the example above, I'd like to have the everything but the TODO > headline > > exported, including the "this is stuff I would like exported" line. > > > > I guess that I could always have my TODO lines be at a very deep level. > Is > > there any other solution I should consider? > > > > Thanks, > > Sam > > Here's my proposal: > > > * An amazing headline > ** stuff > ** more stuff > ******* TODO clean up the stuff above :noexport: > ** this is stuff that I would like exported > > Or just use inline tasks. They are made for this purpose. > > > Sebastian >