Hi, On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 9:57 AM, Puneeth Chaganti wrote: > Hi, > > On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 6:02 AM, Charles Cave wrote: > [..] >> My suggestion to eliminate the problem is to modify the org-capture algorithm >> so years have to match beginning of line + one asterisk + one space + the year >> >> Similarly, months could match beginning of line + two asterisks + one space + >> the year + hyphen + month number + space + Monthname.    But the chance of this >> format heading appearing outside a date-tree would be very low. > > org-datetree currently checks if a buffer has an entry with a DATE_TREE > property (any value), and if it finds one, the date tree will become a > subtree under that entry. > > This change would break that feature. Attached is a patch that fixes this, by using the org-datetree-base-level variable. More details in the commit message. @Bastien, I didn't get the time to configure and use git-send-email. I am sending a patch obtained using git-format-patch. So, you will have to use git-am to apply this. (of course, if this seems good enough :)) -- Puneeth