On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 12:27 AM, Le Wang wrote: > Yes, I didn't know about `org-reveal'. That could work. But how do I > figure out if I need to expand the heading? The last change could be to a > folded heading itself, in which case, it shouldn't be expanded. > > Is there a org-goto-char type of function that always goes to that location > in the buffer, expanding sections along the way? I've solved it by advising goto-char like so: (defadvice goto-char (around org-expand activate compile) (if (eq major-mode 'org-mode) (progn ad-do-it (org-reveal) ad-do-it) ad-do-it)) Can anyone see any problems with advising such a fundamental function? -- Le