Hi eveyrone, I'm coming up on this with some frequency now -- I often need to write documents in a pretty compact format, in which subheadings really need to be on the same line as their component text. so for instance here: ** Timeline *** September 2011 Research team assembles initial documents should be rendered (written in html for convenience, since i don't speak latex):

Timeline

Semtember 2011: Research team assembles initial documents

Do folks think this is something I can do from org somehow, or is my best bet to export to odt and redo the formatting in openoffice (that's what i do now but of course it's a bit frustrating to have to do so, esp. since it means that i'm stuck in Openoffice once I send a document out for comments). thanks as always, best, Matt