So I was able to construct the following functioning bit of code from someone else recent post: #+begin_src emacs-lisp :results output raw (defun tagged (tag &optional scope) (let ((entries ())) (org-map-entries (lambda () (add-to-list 'entries (list (concat "[[" (nth 4 (org-heading-components)) "]]")))) tag scope) (sort entries (lambda (f s) (string-lessp (car f) (car s)))))) (tagged "buy" 'agenda) #+end_src I have a few elementary questions I hope someone can bother to answer: 1. It seems that when org prints a list, it automatically formats it into a table. In lisp, what's a proper way of converting a list to a string so I can have more control over the format? My first attempts were unsuccessful. 2. I'd like to use Org's macros to replace #+begin_src (tagged "foo") #+end_src with {{{(tagged "foo")}}} but Org macros only expand on export. Would it be feasible to change the macro functionality and hook into file loading? Or is there some other way I can slim these down to be terse? On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 22:46, Ido Magal wrote: > Excellent. > > Now that I see that it's possible, I'm struggling to find sufficient > examples to help me understand how to go about writing the bits of lisp that > would allow to me create useful blocks of org-mode code, such as a > back-links block or a list of links to entries of a certain tag. I'm > lisp-illiterate but I was expecting that if it was possible then someone had > already done it and that I could cut and paste my way to success. > > Do these examples exist? Does anyone use babel to extend the functionality > of the note organizing aspect of org-mode? All of the babel examples I've > found relate to manipulating content for export as opposed to enhancing > organizational utility. > > Cheers and thanks again. > > > On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 12:42, Eric Schulte wrote: > >> > >> > 2. Is it possible to manipulate or reference the results so that they're >> not >> > bound to a RESULTS block. I'm finding all of the blocks of orgmode >> > distracting and I'm trying to avoid and eliminate them as much as >> possible. >> > I'm not used to it and they really impedes the readability of my notes. >> >> Yes, you can change the look of the results of code blocks, see the >> results header argument for more information. >> http://orgmode.org/manual/results.html >> > >