* startup in column view
@ 2010-07-30 12:16 Puneeth
From: Puneeth @ 2010-07-30 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I know that it is possible to open a file with various views using
#+STARTUP: overview or content or ...

Is there a way to get a file to open in Column view?

--
Puneeth

* Re: startup in column view
@ 2010-07-30 13:40 ` Juan
From: Juan @ 2010-07-30 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Puneeth; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 05:46:22PM +0530, Puneeth wrote:
> Is there a way to get a file to open in Column view?

You can use the startup hooks to call the column view functions you
need.

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-configs/org-hooks.php

You probably need to call 'org-columns

.j.

* Re: startup in column view
@ 2010-07-31  6:14   ` Puneeth
From: Puneeth @ 2010-07-31  6:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 7:10 PM, Juan <Pechiar@computer.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 05:46:22PM +0530, Puneeth wrote:
>> Is there a way to get a file to open in Column view?
>
> You can use the startup hooks to call the column view functions you
> need.
>
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-configs/org-hooks.php
>
> You probably need to call 'org-columns

I want a particular file to open in column-view. I don't think hooks
are the right thing to use for that or are they?
I'm unable to figure out how to go about using hooks to do what I want to.

--
Puneeth