From: brian powell <briangpowellms@gmail.com>
To: "Martin G. Skjæveland" <martige@ifi.uio.no>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: table, moving cells
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 09:31:16 -0400	[thread overview]

Theres a very simple way to do this; its been available in EMACS as long as
I can remember--which is back to the late 80's--and OrgMode makes it even
easier since it  evens-up/covers-down/aligns columns in real-time: All you
have to do is:

Go to the bottom right corner of the cell or column you would like to move
and set a mark "CS@", then go the the top right corner of the square cell or
rectangular region of cells you intend to move and do "Cxk" ==
cut-rectangle--then go to where you want to move the cell or rectangle and
do "Cxry" to do the yank-rectangle where you'd like to put it.

I just tested it--works fine!

;-)