Bastien, Thanks, I hadn't checked the value of org-auto-realign-tags before looking at org-capture. But unfortunately that doeesn't solve the problem for me, the tags just aren't realigning. (org-auto-realign-tags is set true by default in my reference branch.) My capture output still looks like this: * Headline :tag: stuff here Tags align normally for only after adding that line to org-capture. Best, Mark On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 3:53 AM, Bastien wrote: > Hi Mark, > > Mark Scala writes: > > > When capture templates with tags are finalized, those tags are not > realigned. > > I think this fixes it (does in the cases I've tested). > > Thanks for the patch -- I have (setq org-auto-align-tags t) here and > tags are aligned when capturing. > > Would that solve your issue as well? > > -- > Bastien >