On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 6:43 PM, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa < celoserpa@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi list, > > I do think CLI clients for org would be nice, as discussed in the > taskwarrior thread, but really, IMO, emacs+org will always be faster > to input and query org data. > What do you think? > I tend to agree *if emacs is open. "*C-a s + search term" will always beat "cat ~/org/* | grep search term". I still wouldn't mind having something quick like "t call so and so" that could obey some type of remember rule and end up as "* TODO call so and so". Again, if emacs is open, it's a snap. I mostly see the cli useful for very, very simple things that one needs to do when working on something else. From the gist of the mailing list, many people here *live* in emacs. I can't do emails out of it due to company firewall, do much of my work in a lab away from my desk, or am in some type of office suite. I use org for notes, todos, and contacts. If I'm not summarizing some notes from my work... org probably isn't open (but a terminal often is) and a cli tool for todos would be pretty nifty. John > > Cheers, > > Marcelo. > > _______________________________________________ > Emacs-orgmode mailing list > Please use `Reply All' to send replies to the list. > Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode >