From: Benny Simonsen <benny@slbs.dk>
To: "Sébastien Vauban" <wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Macro expansion in included files
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 18:55:39 +0100	[thread overview]

2011/3/5 Sébastien Vauban <wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com>:
> Hi Benny,
>
> Benny Simonsen wrote:
>> 2011/3/2 Benny Simonsen <benny@slbs.dk>:
>>> I would like to use macros in files that I include in another file.
>>> The problem is that the macros don't expand in included files. Is
>>> there something I have missed or?
>>>
>>> Example with two files, main.org and sub.org
>>>
>>> = main.org START ========
>>> #+TITLE: Mainpage
>>> #+MACRO: MacM @<strong>$1@</strong>
>>>
>>> {{{MacM(Main)}}}
>>>
>>> #+INCLUDE: "sub.org"
>>> = main.org END ========
>>>
>>> = sub.org START ========
>>> #+TITLE: Subpage
>>> #+MACRO: Mac @<strong>$1@</strong>
>>>
>>> {{{MacM(Sub)}}}
>>>
>>> {{{Mac(Sub)}}}
>>>
>>> * Subpage title
>>> content
>>> = sub.org END ========
>>>
>>> I export to html e.g. via:
>>> org-export-as-html-to-buffer on main.org
>>>
>>> The result is
>>> {{{MacM(Main)}}} is expanded as expected but the {{{Mac*(Sub)}}} isn't expanded.
>
> Your example looks wrong to me: you say Mac* is not working, but only MacM and
> Mac are defined. What about the trailing the star?

The * was just a wildcard so Mac* means MacM and Mac.

A brief summary
MacM is defined in main.org - and expands in this file.
Mac is defined in sub.org - but neither MacM or Mac works in sub.org.

With my patch MacM works in both files, but Mac don't work - not a
problem for me - but not nice.

Best regards
Benny