Is it possible to use org babel to extract bibtex entries from file of notes to a *.bib file? The stumbling point for me in saving bibtex sources is I don't see a way to use the file as a bibtex *.bib file so as to use that as the direct source for the publication. Perhaps this could be automated with babel? Alan On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 6:13 AM, Matt Lundin wrote: > Stephen Eglen writes: > > >> Agreed. Google Scholar citations need very close proofreading, as they > >> can be erroneous or poorly formatted. > > > > Thanks Matt - I'd agree with this, having seen oddities from google > > scholar. I emailed them ages ago about one problem (formatting of > > initials in author names), but never heard back... it is a pity that > > there is no mechanism for tidying up their references, as it seems to be > > the best thing out there that covers all the fields. > > > > Having said that, if google scholar can save me some typing, I'll > > happilyuse it as a starting point for a bibtex entry. I've just started > > using pdfmeat -- this is nice, as given a pdf, it outputs the > > corresponding bibtex entry from google scholar. Probably works similar > > to the way zotero does it, but can be used straight from the command > > line: > > > > http://code.google.com/p/pdfmeat/ > > > > Thanks for the link! That looks like a useful tool. > > >> accessed by bibsnarf are limited to math and sciences. Since I use > >> biblatex together with the Chicago Manual of Style, any bibtex entry I > >> clip has to be edited and tweaked substantially. (Indeed, manual editing > >> is unavoidable when using biblatex.) > > > > If its not too tangential, why do you use biblatex -- is it the future > > for bibtex? > > I use biblatex because I use citation styles in the humanities > (especially the Chicago Manual of Style). Biblatex and the chicago-notes > package (both now part of TeXLive) handle Chicago Style footnotes and > bibliographies beautifully, with an astounding number of options and > flawless formatting -- but the bibtex entries are a bit fussier than > standard bibtex. > > Best, > Matt > >