I think I've fixed the issues brought up with this new patch. Please let me know what you think. On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 9:44 PM, Nathaniel Flath wrote: >> >>> >>> But I can't help thinking this could lead to unexpected results in >>> some cases (admittedly less than when alpha bullets could be any size >>> long). >> >> It definitely will. >> >> Here is an alternative idea.  Nathaniel, what do you >> think about this: We could keep the numbering as we >> have it in the Org file, but introduce something like [@a] >> in the first item that will convert the numbering >> into a,b,... upon export to ASCII, HTML, maybe even LaTeX >> (even though I think LaTeX demands some consistency here >> and prefers to have the global setup decide how lists work). >> Hell, we could even use [@A] for capitals and [@i] and [@I] >> for roman numbering :) >> >> - Carsten >> > > Sorry for the late response - got swamped with work for a bit. > > I'd much prefer the approach I've been going with, mostly since I > don't usually export my notes and mostly view them in org-mode.  I'll > work on the patch tonight - should send a patch either later tonight > or tomorow. > > Thanks, > Nathaniel Flath >