From: John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com>
To: Nigel Beck <me@nigelbeck.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: org-babel-gnuplot broken today?
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 16:06:14 -0500	[thread overview]

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Nigel Beck <me@nigelbeck.com> wrote:

> I refreshed today 7.01trans and noticed I couldn't get my gnuplots to
> plot anymore: data from a table within the org file is no longer
> digested nicely by gnuplot.

That's odd. I wrote the tutorial and thus my heart skipped a beat for a
moment!

---- 8< ----

---- 8< ----

>         No data in plot
>

> So of course no basic-plot.png is created....
>
> As far as I know, my gnuplots were happy sometime within the past week
> refreshing org-mode from git basically daily...

That's odd indeed. I copied and pasted your exact table and code from the
email and was able to generate the plot. The error is quite odd. It almost
makes me wonder if something is different about how gnuplot is receiving the
data. Like a syntax error or something. I would say that at this point it's
not the table or code, per se, since I can generate the plot. Hopefully
someone will chime in with more experience who may have seen this error?

One thing to try in the meantime... Gather up some gnuplot test data file
and try to run it from the command line perhaps? It would at least be one
way to see if it's working outside of org-mode?

Best regards,
John