* Latex custom Title page question
@ 2011-02-23 19:30 Luke Crook
From: Luke Crook @ 2011-02-23 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have successfully created a custom title page which I have used to
replace the default version created by org-mode.
Per http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-latex-export.html
"11.2 Titles and Title Page Layout".

However my title page contains the document title, date and version number.
I would rather not have to create a separate "custom-title.tex"
for each document that I create.

Can I specify the Title etc. in org-mode in such a way that it can be
 included in the custom Title page?

I have tried moving "custom-title.tex" into org-mode sandwiched
between #+BEGIN_latex / #+END_latex commands, but this does not put
the title on the first page.

I have included a blank

#+TITLE

and

but this still generates an empty page before my custom title page.

Thanks,
-Luke

* Re: Latex custom Title page question
@ 2011-02-23 20:03 ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2011-02-23 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luke Crook; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Feb 23, 2011, at 9:30 AM, Luke Crook wrote:

> I have successfully created a custom title page which I have used to
> replace the default version created by org-mode.
> Per http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-latex-export.html
> "11.2 Titles and Title Page Layout".
>
> However my title page contains the document title, date and version
> number.
> I would rather not have to create a separate "custom-title.tex"
> for each document that I create.
>
> Can I specify the Title etc. in org-mode in such a way that it can be
> included in the custom Title page?
>
> I have tried moving "custom-title.tex" into org-mode sandwiched
> between #+BEGIN_latex / #+END_latex commands, but this does not put
> the title on the first page.
>
> I have included a blank
>
> #+TITLE
>
> and

> but this still generates an empty page before my custom title page.
>
> Thanks,
> -Luke

Aloha Luke,

IIUC, you would like to have a custom title page that picks up the
title, author, date, etc. from the Org-mode file.

One way to do this is to keep the LaTeX variables for title, author,
date, etc. in your new \maketitle, then put it in a new LaTeX class
file that can be registered with Org-mode.

I have this in my custom class file:

> \renewcommand\@maketitle{%
>   \newpage
>   \null