* "&" not converted to & when in equation enviroments
@ 2012-02-03 12:13 Lianheng Tong
From: Lianheng Tong @ 2012-02-03 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

I am using org-mode version 7.7, and tried to export my org documents into html using org-export-html functions. I found that in normal texts and inline maths, the characters "&", "<" and ">" are converted correctly to "&amp;" "&lt;" and "&gt;" according to the definitions made by org-export-html-protect-char-alist.

However, the "&" and "<", ">" signs used in equations are NOT converted.  For example, if one has some thing like:

First, type & < >

This is an inline math $1 < y > 8$.

\begin{align}
  x & = a + b \\
  y & < c - d
\end{align}

Will give the following segment in the exported html file:

First, type &amp; &lt; &gt;.

This is an inline math \(1 &lt; y &gt; 8\).

\begin{align}
  x & = a + b \\
  y & < c + d
\end{align}

This produces an error when I tried to validate against the XHTML standard (as one would expect).

Is this an intended feature, and is there a switch/flag I can use to change this behaviour or is it a bug, and is there an easy fix? Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Best regards,

Lianheng

Lianheng Tong                                                             Tel: +44 20 7679 3302
London Centre For Nanotechnology                       Fax: +44 20 7679 0595
University College London                                        lianheng.tong@ucl.ac.uk
17–19 Gordon Street, London WC1H 0AH, U.K.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-02-03 12:13 UTC | newest]