Eric, IIUC, that would add an entry to the 'diary' file. I thought perhaps that Shérab meant something different, namely to capture a new TODO item that was scheduled for that date. In any case, I think that latter thing is also an interesting thing to do. Is there an easy way to do that? Best wishes - Neil On 5 March 2018 06:52:40 GMT+00:00, Eric S Fraga wrote: >On Sunday, 4 Mar 2018 at 23:22, Shérab wrote: >> I would like to add an item with the >> corresponding date to my agenda file. What would be the most direct / >> straightforward / idiomatic way to achieve this, please? > >try "i d". "i" should be bound to org-agenda-diary-entry. This is the >route I use for adding entries to my agenda all the time. > >-- >Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.6-191-g90607d