* Modify time entry from agenda?
@ 2010-09-14 23:20 Nathan Neff
From: Nathan Neff @ 2010-09-14 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I think it would be really cool to be able to modify clock-in/clock-out times
from the agenda.

I realize I can press TAB and jump to a clocked entry and modify the times, but
if I could press a key and move the start/stop time back and forth by
10 min, that would be
awesome.

At the end of the day there's always 30-40 minute gaps between
items where I was too busy to correct the clock using org-resolve.

I think that a boatload of keypresses could be saved if there was a way to move
the start/end time of an item forward/backward by 10 minutes from the agenda.

Am I missing some existing functionality?  I've read Bernt's workflow,
and realize I can
define a 'default' activity which would reduce these gaps.  But, I
would still like to
allocate more time to specific tasks if that's where I really spent the time.

For example, from the agenda:

organization: 13:40-14:00
specific_task:14:00-14:50 (50 min)
organization: 14:50-15:05

I would put the cursor on the 1st organization task and move the end
time back by 10 min.
Then I would put the cursor on the specific task and move its start
time back by 10 min.

Thanks,
--Nate

* Re: Modify time entry from agenda?
@ 2010-09-15  7:22 ` peter.frings
From: peter.frings @ 2010-09-15  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 15 Sep 2010, at 01:20, Nathan Neff wrote:

> I think it would be really cool to be able to modify clock-in/clock-out times
> from the agenda.

1+

I often fid myself in the same situation. Having a  'roll edit' function would really kick you-know-what. I.e., you're clocked into task A, then clock into B, only an hour too late. And then, with a single magical C-R-S-M-Tab r keystroke you adjust *both* times at the same time: the end time of task A and the start time of task B.

In general, it would help me a lot if there would be a way to check clocked times: warn/highlight larger gaps and overlaps, and provide some tools to fix found 'problems' easily.

Keep on Orging!
Peter.