From: Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com>
To: "Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.com>
Subject: Re: org-publish-validate-link
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 08:34:16 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi THomas,

org-publish-validate-link validate links to files that show up in the
list
`org-publish-files-alist'.  THis list contains all file names that are
considered part of a project and should be published.  It is updated
each time you issue
a command to publish a project.

Are you sure that you are republishing the document that should
contain the link?  If that document has not changed, it will not
republish it, so the ink will also not be fixed.

You can force republishing by calling your publish command with a C-u
prefix.  Have you tried that?

- Carsten

On Feb 17, 2010, at 9:50 PM, Thomas S. Dye wrote:

> Aloha all,
>
> org-publish-validate-link rejects a valid link to a file when the
> file is created during an editing session.
>
> With ./test.org and ./support/test.pdf present at the start of a
> session, the first link in test.org (below) is validated.  When ./
> support/test-copy.pdf is added during the session, the second link
> is not validated and only the description of the link is output to
> test.html.
>
> ----- test.org
> * A test
>   - link to [[file:support/test.pdf][test.pdf]]
>   - link to [[file:support/test-copy.pdf][test-copy.pdf]]
> -----
>
> If org-publish-validate-link is not used, then the link is placed
> correctly in the html output.
>
> I have read the org-mode manual, briefly searched the list archive,
> and read the function's documentation string, but didn't find
> anything that might alert me to this behavior.
>
> My expectation was that org-publish-validate-link would understand
> the org-mode publishing process and would validate links in the
> production environment that were correctly established in the
> publication location.
>
> I'm using Org-mode version 6.34trans (release_6.34c.89.g0c39) on
> emacs 23.
>
> All the best,
> Tom
>

> Thomas S. Dye, Ph.D.
> T. S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists, Inc.
> Phone: (808) 529-0866 Fax: (808) 529-0884
> http://www.tsdye.com

- Carsten