* Broken plain list check boxes?
@ 2009-01-29 14:05 Chris Randle
From: Chris Randle @ 2009-01-29 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'org-mode'

Hi Carsten

Just updated to 6.20e. Before, on 6.18c, if I had a plain list like
this:

* Test
  - [ ] A
  - [ ] B
  - [ ] C

With the cursor on the test line, typing `c-c c-x c-b' would check all
the boxes, and repeating would uncheck them. Now it doesn't seem to
toggle, only check.

I hope this isn't a permanent change, or that there's another way to
turn them all off because I use lists of check boxes 20 or 30 items long
to mark off the little bits & pieces I like to get done every day. It'd
be a bit tedious to have to manually set them all unchecked at the
beginning of each day, even with a macro.

--
Chris Randle
Windows XP Pro SP3 - GNU Emacs 22.1.1 - Org-mode 6.20e

* Re: Broken plain list check boxes?
@ 2009-01-29 14:30 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-01-29 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Randle; +Cc: 'org-mode'

Ooops, I forgot about this part of the functionality during
a recent revamp of this command.  Fixed now.

Thanks!

- Carsten

@ 2009-01-29 14:34 ` James TD Smith
From: James TD Smith @ 2009-01-29 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Chris,

On 2009-01-29 14:05:27(-0000), Chris Randle wrote:
> Hi Carsten
>
> Just updated to 6.20e. Before, on 6.18c, if I had a plain list like
> this:
>
> * Test
>   - [ ] A
>   - [ ] B
>   - [ ] C
>
> With the cursor on the test line, typing `c-c c-x c-b' would check all
> the boxes, and repeating would uncheck them. Now it doesn't seem to
> toggle, only check.
>
> I hope this isn't a permanent change, or that there's another way to
> turn them all off because I use lists of check boxes 20 or 30 items long
> to mark off the little bits & pieces I like to get done every day. It'd
> be a bit tedious to have to manually set them all unchecked at the
> beginning of each day, even with a macro.

Have you looked at org-checklist.el in contrib? I wrote that to handle this kind
of thing.

Make sure org-checklist.el is in your load path, and add
(require 'org-checklist)
 to your .emacs. You can then set up your daily task like so:

,----[ test.org ]
| * TODO test
|   SCHEDULED: <2009-01-29 Thu + 1d>
|   :PROPERTIES:
|   :RESET_CHECKBOXES: t
|   :END:
|   - [ ] Task 1
|   - [ ] Task 2
|   - [ ] Task 3
`----

and when you mark it done all the checkboxes will be cleared.

James

--
|-<James TD Smith>-<email/ahktenzero@mohorovi.cc>-|

* RE: Broken plain list check boxes?
@ 2009-01-29 14:58   ` Chris Randle
From: Chris Randle @ 2009-01-29 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

James TD Smith wrote:
> Have you looked at org-checklist.el in contrib? I wrote that to
> handle this kind of thing.
>
> Make sure org-checklist.el is in your load path, and add (require
> 'org-checklist)  to your .emacs. You can then set up your daily task
> like so:
>
> ,----[ test.org ]
>> * TODO test
>>   SCHEDULED: <2009-01-29 Thu + 1d>
>>   :PROPERTIES:
>>   :RESET_CHECKBOXES: t
>>   :END:
>>   - [ ] Task 1
>>   - [ ] Task 2
>>   - [ ] Task 3
> `----
>
> and when you mark it done all the checkboxes will be cleared.

That's cool!

--
Chris Randle
Windows XP Pro SP3 - GNU Emacs 22.1.1 - Org-mode 6.20f