* Delete heading only?
@ 2007-07-20  9:32 Benedikt Köhler
From: Benedikt Köhler @ 2007-07-20  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I just encountered some behavior that was not totally obvious for me and could result in unwanted destructions. If an entry is folded and you want to kill part of the headline with C-k, it does not only kill the rest of the headline but also the contents of this entry. Is this customizable? Like org-delete-headline-only? Because you could always delete the contents with C-c C-x C-w.

Best
Benedikt

--
POPLOG: http://www.eigenarbeit.org/pop

      dddd

* Re: Delete heading only?
@ 2007-07-20 13:47 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-07-20 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benedikt Köhler; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

The is exactly how outline-mode works on Emacs.
The only way is to get used to this and to become
proficient at seeing those 3 dots at the end of the line.

Actually, any other conventions would have other
problems like combining hierarchies etc.

- Carsten

On Jul 20, 2007, at 11:32, Benedikt Köhler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just encountered some behavior that was not totally obvious for me
> and could result in unwanted destructions. If an entry is folded and
> you want to kill part of the headline with C-k, it does not only kill
> the rest of the headline but also the contents of this entry. Is this
> customizable? Like org-delete-headline-only? Because you could always
> delete the contents with C-c C-x C-w.
>
> Best
> Benedikt
>
> --