On 11 Nov 2010, at 14:17, John Hendy wrote: > > > On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 6:48 AM, Dov Grobgeld wrote: > In looking for the perfect slide show generation from org-mode I have so far checked the following and found that they have serious problems: > epresenter - Keyboard gets stuck, little control over display. > org-s5 - No support for pages overflowing, e.g. when showing a long slides I would like to scroll > What about beamer? To date I haven't found anything I like as much! It just seems to do about everything... even if that means hunting down the occasional obscure code to force it to do my will! > > You can combine it with impressive! and do some fantastic things during presentations: http://impressive.sourceforge.net/ I've been using mindmaps as a presentation tool and have had very positive reactions from the audience. - The overview is almost always in sight. - It's easy to move to the next topic (you need software that can collapse and expand subtrees, most of them do) - You can leave two or more topics open (depends on the size of course) - It's easy to go back to a previous point. - You can edit things if needed. - It's different. OK, that last point might not be a real benefit, but it is often refreshing to the audience, and it grabs the attention pretty well :-) Cheers, Peter.