* Why does open time still show?
@ 2009-08-19  0:56 David A. Gershman
From: David A. Gershman @ 2009-08-19  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-Mode List

Hi All,

I have my agenda as:

Tuesday    18 August 2009
    [...removed for simplicity...]
  reference:  19:25-19:40 Stuff
  reference:  19:40-20:00 Stuff
              20:00...... ----------------
  reference:  21:00-21:45 Stuff
  reference:  21:45-22:00 Stuff
  dag:        22:00-23:00 Stuff
              22:00...... ----------------
  reference:  23:00-23:30 Stuff
  reference:  23:30-23:45 Stuff

As you can see there is nothing from 20:00-21:00 so I have the
'------------' marker.  But why does the marker still show up for 22:00
even though I have 'Stuff' set for 22:00-23:00?

Thanks.
David A. Gershman
gershman@dagertech.net
http://dagertech.net/gershman/
"It's all about the path!" --d. gershman

* Re: Why does open time still show?
@ 2009-08-23 16:55 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-08-23 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David A. Gershman; +Cc: Org-Mode List

Hi David,

On Aug 19, 2009, at 2:56 AM, David A. Gershman wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have my agenda as:
>
> Tuesday    18 August 2009
>    [...removed for simplicity...]
>  reference:  19:25-19:40 Stuff
>  reference:  19:40-20:00 Stuff
>              20:00...... ----------------
>  reference:  21:00-21:45 Stuff
>  reference:  21:45-22:00 Stuff
>  dag:        22:00-23:00 Stuff
>              22:00...... ----------------
>  reference:  23:00-23:30 Stuff
>  reference:  23:30-23:45 Stuff
>
> As you can see there is nothing from 20:00-21:00 so I have the
> '------------' marker.  But why does the marker still show up for
> 22:00
> even though I have 'Stuff' set for 22:00-23:00?

Because we have so far not bothered to implement this in a better
way.  The only times that are removed are times where there is an
item starting on that time.

The reason why I did not go further with this is this:

If we are going to changes this, then is should be to a
interface with visually indicates the actual duration of
items in the time grid.  This is complex, and I do not
really know how to do this without a lot of effort.

- Carsten