* Export without TODO keywords
@ 2008-12-01  2:02 Daniel Clemente
From: Daniel Clemente @ 2008-12-01  2:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,
  this seems to be very basic, but: is there a way to export a file without the TODO keywords and the other task tracking information?
  I'm writing a web site where each section is a task (I schedule a day to write it, then it goes from TODO to DONE). When I export to HTML, I see headers like „1.2 DONE Introduction“, but I would like just „1.2 Introduction“. In fact I would like to prevent all tracking information (CLOCK, SCHEDULED, DEADLINE, priorities, properties, ...) from being exported.
  I found no export option to do that and also no variable.

Greetings,

Daniel

* Re: Export without TODO keywords
@ 2008-12-01 14:02 ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2008-12-01 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Clemente; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Daniel,

you might want to customize these variables:

org-export-with-drawers
org-export-with-tags
org-export-with-timestamps
org-export-mark-todo-in-toc

I'm not aware of a way to suppress the export of todo keywords.

But the export puts the TODO keywords in span tags and assignes one of
the two classes 'todo' or 'done', depending on your todo setup:

To hide the todo keywords in your HTML, you might add the following to
your stylesheet:

span.todo { display:none;visibility:hidden; }
span.done { display:none;visibility:hidden; }

Regards,

  Sebastian

Daniel Clemente <n142857@gmail.com> writes:
> Hi, this seems to be very basic, but: is there a way to export a file without
> the TODO keywords and the other task tracking information?  I'm writing a web
> site where each section is a task (I schedule a day to write it, then it goes
> from TODO to DONE). When I export to HTML, I see headers like „1.2 DONE
> Introduction“, but I would like just „1.2 Introduction“. In fact I would like to
> prevent all tracking information (CLOCK, SCHEDULED, DEADLINE, priorities,
> properties, ...) from being exported.  I found no export option to do that and
> also no variable.
>

> Greetings,
>
> Daniel

Sebastian Rose, EMMA STIL - mediendesign, Niemeyerstr.6, 30449 Hannover

Tel.:  +49 (0)511 - 36 58 472
Fax:   +49 (0)1805 - 233633 - 11044
mobil: +49 (0)173 - 83 93 417
Email: s.rose emma-stil de, sebastian_rose gmx de
Http:  www.emma-stil.de

* Re: Export without TODO keywords
@ 2008-12-03  8:33   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-12-03  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Rose; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Daniel, Sebastian,

in addition t the variables Sebastian has listed, I have now created
new ones

org-export-with-todo-keywords
org-export-with-priority

which will allow to turn off these meta data for export actions.

HTH

- Carsten

@ 2008-12-04 22:45     ` Daniel Clemente
From: Daniel Clemente @ 2008-12-04 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks, this is indeed helpful.

  I found also two things that could be considered „todo keywords“ too:
- TODO state changes (e.g. the CLOSED keyword) and the short notes you can make when a task is done
- SCHEDULED and DEADLINE keywords

  Both are currently always exported below the headline. The first ones make sense only if you are exporting TODO keywords in headlines, so they could be included in the same option.
  Since there can be schedules and deadlines on unmarked headers, they are not the same as TODO keywords. I don't know if they need an own export property.

  With that, all tracking information could be filtered out on export.

  Greetings,

Daniel

@ 2008-12-04 22:48       ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-12-04 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Clemente; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Daniel,

(setq org-export-with-timestamps nil)

also removes the DEADLINE and SCHEDULED keywords.

- Carsten

On Dec 4, 2008, at 11:45 PM, Daniel Clemente wrote:

> Thanks, this is indeed helpful.
>
>  I found also two things that could be considered „todo keywords“ too:
> - TODO state changes (e.g. the CLOSED keyword) and the short notes
> you can make when a task is done
> - SCHEDULED and DEADLINE keywords
>
>  Both are currently always exported below the headline. The first
> ones make sense only if you are exporting TODO keywords in
> headlines, so they could be included in the same option.
>  Since there can be schedules and deadlines on unmarked headers,
> they are not the same as TODO keywords. I don't know if they need an
> own export property.
>
>  With that, all tracking information could be filtered out on export.
>

>  Greetings,
>
> Daniel
>
> Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:
>
>> Hi Daniel, Sebastian,
>>
>> in addition t the variables Sebastian has listed, I have now
>> created new ones
>>
>> org-export-with-todo-keywords
>> org-export-with-priority
>>
>> which will allow to turn off these meta data for export actions.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> - Carsten
>>

>> On Dec 1, 2008, at 3:02 PM, Sebastian Rose wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Daniel,
>>>

>>> you might want to customize these variables:
>>>
>>> org-export-with-drawers
>>> org-export-with-tags
>>> org-export-with-timestamps

@ 2008-12-05 15:34         ` Daniel Clemente
From: Daniel Clemente @ 2008-12-05 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

> (setq org-export-with-timestamps nil)
>

> also removes the DEADLINE and SCHEDULED keywords.

Nice! And it has the equivalent

  Then only „log notes“ exporting is not configurable.

@ 2008-12-06  7:38           ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-12-06  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Clemente; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Daniel,
On Dec 5, 2008, at 4:34 PM, Daniel Clemente wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:
>

>> (setq org-export-with-timestamps nil)
>>

>> also removes the DEADLINE and SCHEDULED keywords.
>
> Nice! And it has the equivalent
>
>  Then only „log notes“ exporting is not configurable.

True, but this is not really metadata, but notes, which could
easily be confused with normal plain text.

I think I will stop here adding options for this purpose.

You can try to write a small function which removes these
as well, and call it from `org-export-preprocess-hook'.

- Carsten

* Re: Export without TODO keywords
@ 2008-12-25 22:34             ` Daniel Clemente
From: Daniel Clemente @ 2008-12-25 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

> Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

>>  Then only „log notes“ exporting is not configurable.
>
> True, but this is not really metadata, but notes, which could
> easily be confused with normal plain text.
>
> I think I will stop here adding options for this purpose.
>
> You can try to write a small function which removes these
> as well, and call it from `org-export-preprocess-hook'.

  By the way, this is how I finally removed all tracking information under the headlines.
  I included it in my file and had to eval it so that it registers the hook.
  You can use the code as you like.

-- Daniel

(defun org-export-remove-notes-from-all-headings ()
  "Removes all the tracking information of headings, like log notes, keywords, and clocking.
Add this as a hook to `org-export-preprocess-hook'"
  (show-all)
  (org-map-entries 'org-export-remove-notes-from-heading nil nil)
  )

(defun org-export-remove-notes-from-heading ()
  "Removes all the tracking information which is under the current headline, if it contains.
This information includes log notes (see `org-log-done'), CLOSED/SCHEDULED/DEADLINE keywords, CLOCK entries and others."

  (unless (org-at-heading-p) (error "Not on a headline"))

  (beginning-of-line)
  (let* (
	 (level (org-reduced-level (funcall outline-level)))
	; Regexp of lines to delete. If it starts with TAB, it is indented and thus we delete it. If it has spaces, we delete if the number of spaces is equal to the heading level (number of *)
	 (regexp-of-deletable (concat "^\\(\t+\\|" (make-string level ?  ) "\\)"))
	 )

    (forward-line)

    (while (looking-at regexp-of-deletable)
    ;(message (concat "Deleting this text: " (buffer-substring (line-beginning-position) (line-end-position))))
      (kill-line t)
      )

    )
  )

(add-hook 'org-export-preprocess-hook 'org-export-remove-notes-from-all-headings)