From: "Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.com>
To: Dan Davison <dandavison7@gmail.com>
Cc: Vincent Beffara <vbeffara@ens-lyon.fr>, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Re: Babel, Python and UTF-8
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 06:42:55 -1000	[thread overview]

Hi Dan,

Emacs configuration is one of the highest barriers to entry for
potential adopters of Org-mode, IMO.  The idea of context-sensitive
configuration is potentially terrific.  It gets the user to work more
quickly than would otherwise be the case.  The problem I've run into
is that exiting a buffer doesn't change the configuration back to some
initial, or base, state.  I'm on to the next task but still configured
to do the last thing.

I'm not a software engineer, so this idea might be wacky, but it seems
to me that some code to restore the user's start-up settings would be
a useful, standard part of an Org-mode file, something like the export
template that many (most?) org-mode files use.   I think it would be
handy to be able to stick something simple in my Org-mode file so that
I was confident I knew exactly how Emacs was configured while I was
using that file.

Tom