emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* Release 9.5
@ 2021-09-29 21:25 Bastien
  2021-09-30  7:41 ` Pankaj Jangid
  2021-10-01  3:53 ` Jarmo Hurri
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 10+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2021-09-29 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

Org 9.5 is out, available from GNU ELPA.

Thanks a lot to every contributor.

See this page to join our efforts:
https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html

See the list of changes here: 
https://orgmode.org/Changes.html

Enjoy!

-- 
 Bastien


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 10+ messages in thread

* Re: Release 9.5
  2021-09-29 21:25 Release 9.5 Bastien
@ 2021-09-30  7:41 ` Pankaj Jangid
  2021-09-30 15:49   ` Bastien
  2021-10-09 15:48   ` flow
  2021-10-01  3:53 ` Jarmo Hurri
  1 sibling, 2 replies; 10+ messages in thread
From: Pankaj Jangid @ 2021-09-30  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Org 9.5 is out, available from GNU ELPA.
>
> Thanks a lot to every contributor.
>

Thanks a lot for your work, Bastien. I want to thank all the
contributors.

One Q: what is the schedule for 9.5 to be included in Emacs-28?

Regards ~Pankaj



^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 10+ messages in thread

* Re: Release 9.5
  2021-09-30  7:41 ` Pankaj Jangid
@ 2021-09-30 15:49   ` Bastien
  2021-10-01 13:42     ` Pankaj Jangid
  2021-10-09 15:48   ` flow
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 10+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2021-09-30 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pankaj Jangid; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Pankaj,

Pankaj Jangid <pankaj@codeisgreat.org> writes:

> One Q: what is the schedule for 9.5 to be included in Emacs-28?

Org 9.5 have been merged in the Emacs master branch, from which the
Emacs release branch for 28.1 will be cut anytime soon.

Then we will work on 9.5.1 for important bugfixes and merge 9.5.1
in the Emacs release branch.

I don't know when Emacs 28.1 will be released.

HTH,

-- 
 Bastien


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 10+ messages in thread

* Re: Release 9.5
  2021-09-29 21:25 Release 9.5 Bastien
  2021-09-30  7:41 ` Pankaj Jangid
@ 2021-10-01  3:53 ` Jarmo Hurri
  2021-10-02  5:00   ` Bastien
  2021-10-02  7:28   ` Max Nikulin
  1 sibling, 2 replies; 10+ messages in thread
From: Jarmo Hurri @ 2021-10-01  3:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Org 9.5 is out, available from GNU ELPA.

Exciting!

I just ran 'git pull' and got a warning and an error:

warning: redirecting to https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/emacs/org-mode.git/
Your configuration specifies to merge with the ref 'refs/heads/maint'
from the remote, but no such ref was fetched.

Do I need to start a new clone from scratch, or is there a fix for this?

(I honestly have _no recollection_ of what changes I have made, and what
changes need to be made, to the cloned repository locally in order for
'make' to run successfully.)

Have fun and stay safe.

Jarmo



^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 10+ messages in thread

* Re: Release 9.5
  2021-09-30 15:49   ` Bastien
@ 2021-10-01 13:42     ` Pankaj Jangid
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 10+ messages in thread
From: Pankaj Jangid @ 2021-10-01 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Pankaj Jangid <pankaj@codeisgreat.org> writes:
>
>> One Q: what is the schedule for 9.5 to be included in Emacs-28?
>
> Org 9.5 have been merged in the Emacs master branch, from which the
> Emacs release branch for 28.1 will be cut anytime soon.
>
> Then we will work on 9.5.1 for important bugfixes and merge 9.5.1
> in the Emacs release branch.
>
> I don't know when Emacs 28.1 will be released.

Thanks a lot for your work, Bastien. I am already using it from
master. Time to explore manual now. :-)

Regards


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 10+ messages in thread

* Re: Release 9.5
  2021-10-01  3:53 ` Jarmo Hurri
@ 2021-10-02  5:00   ` Bastien
  2021-10-02  7:28   ` Max Nikulin
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 10+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2021-10-02  5:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jarmo Hurri; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Jarmo,

Jarmo Hurri <jarmo.hurri@iki.fi> writes:

> warning: redirecting to https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/emacs/org-mode.git/
> Your configuration specifies to merge with the ref 'refs/heads/maint'
> from the remote, but no such ref was fetched.
>
> Do I need to start a new clone from scratch, or is there a fix for this?

Perhaps ~$ git fetch --prune so that your local branches are sync'ed
with the (new) remote ones?

But starting from a fresh clone would do too, of course.

-- 
 Bastien


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 10+ messages in thread

* Re: Release 9.5
  2021-10-01  3:53 ` Jarmo Hurri
  2021-10-02  5:00   ` Bastien
@ 2021-10-02  7:28   ` Max Nikulin
  2021-10-02 23:54     ` Thomas S. Dye
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 10+ messages in thread
From: Max Nikulin @ 2021-10-02  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 01/10/2021 10:53, Jarmo Hurri wrote:
> Bastien writes:
> 
> I just ran 'git pull' and got a warning and an error:
> 
> warning: redirecting to https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/emacs/org-mode.git/
> Your configuration specifies to merge with the ref 'refs/heads/maint'
> from the remote, but no such ref was fetched.

Maybe you are trying to pull while you are on master branch from old 
orgmode.org repository. You should either remove or rename old remote

     git remote rm origin

or

     git remote rename origin orgmode_org

and

     git remote add origin 
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/emacs/org-mode.git
     git fetch origin
     git checkout main  # or bugfix

Even if you already added new repository earlier then maybe you are 
still on the master branch from old repository. Run "git fetch" with 
proper remote name and

     git checkout main
     git pull

(not "maint" that is "bugfix" now) should help. The commands that should 
help to determine current state of your repository

     git remote -v show
     git status -sb

> Do I need to start a new clone from scratch, or is there a fix for this?

Git may works with several remotes, so it is not necessary.

> (I honestly have _no recollection_ of what changes I have made, and what
> changes need to be made, to the cloned repository locally in order for
> 'make' to run successfully.)

If you have a personal local branch, checkout it and rebase to "main" or 
"bugfix". If it is (or was) tracking remote changes, it may require 
adjustment.



^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 10+ messages in thread

* Re: Release 9.5
  2021-10-02  7:28   ` Max Nikulin
@ 2021-10-02 23:54     ` Thomas S. Dye
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 10+ messages in thread
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2021-10-02 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode


Max Nikulin <manikulin@gmail.com> writes:

> On 01/10/2021 10:53, Jarmo Hurri wrote:
>> Bastien writes:
>>
>> I just ran 'git pull' and got a warning and an error:
>>
>> warning: redirecting to 
>> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/emacs/org-mode.git/
>> Your configuration specifies to merge with the ref 
>> 'refs/heads/maint'
>> from the remote, but no such ref was fetched.
>
> Maybe you are trying to pull while you are on master branch from 
> old orgmode.org
> repository. You should either remove or rename old remote
>
>     git remote rm origin

I found these instructions (including the ones in the rest of the 
message) very helpful.  Thanks!

All the best,
Tom
--
Thomas S. Dye
https://tsdye.online/tsdye


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 10+ messages in thread

* Re: Release 9.5
  2021-09-30  7:41 ` Pankaj Jangid
  2021-09-30 15:49   ` Bastien
@ 2021-10-09 15:48   ` flow
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 10+ messages in thread
From: flow @ 2021-10-09 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 470 bytes --]

Merçi beaucoup Bastien!

One of those who does not contribute to the code but loves Orgmode 🙂

El jue, 30-09-2021 a las 13:11 +0530, Pankaj Jangid escribió:
> Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:
> 
> > Org 9.5 is out, available from GNU ELPA.
> > 
> > Thanks a lot to every contributor.
> > 
> 
> Thanks a lot for your work, Bastien. I want to thank all the
> contributors.
> 
> One Q: what is the schedule for 9.5 to be included in Emacs-28?
> 
> Regards ~Pankaj
> 
> 


[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 1040 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 10+ messages in thread

* Re: Release 9.5
@ 2021-09-30 16:31 autofrettage
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 10+ messages in thread
From: autofrettage @ 2021-09-30 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Org 9.5 is out, available from GNU ELPA.

I bow to the ground in utter and humble gratitude!

> Enjoy!

I will, that is as certain as taxes and death!

Cheers
Rasmus


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 10+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2021-10-09 15:49 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 10+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-09-29 21:25 Release 9.5 Bastien
2021-09-30  7:41 ` Pankaj Jangid
2021-09-30 15:49   ` Bastien
2021-10-01 13:42     ` Pankaj Jangid
2021-10-09 15:48   ` flow
2021-10-01  3:53 ` Jarmo Hurri
2021-10-02  5:00   ` Bastien
2021-10-02  7:28   ` Max Nikulin
2021-10-02 23:54     ` Thomas S. Dye
2021-09-30 16:31 autofrettage

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for NNTP newsgroup(s).