* customizing export timestamp?
@ 2007-07-13 23:33 Patrick Drechsler
From: Patrick Drechsler @ 2007-07-13 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

would it be useful for others to deactivate the timestamp when
exporting?

For example something like:

WDT?

Or did I miss something in the docs?

Patrick
--
You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white
guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the Swiss hold the America's Cup,

* Re: customizing export timestamp?
@ 2007-07-13 23:40 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-07-13 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Patrick Drechsler <patrick@pdrechsler.de> writes:

> would it be useful for others to deactivate the timestamp when
> exporting?

As an ugly workaround:

  .timestamp { display: none }
  .timestamp-kwd { display: none }

... in the css.

But i do agree - that would be useful to have an option.

--
Bastien

* Re: customizing export timestamp?
@ 2007-07-14  0:24   ` Patrick Drechsler
From: Patrick Drechsler @ 2007-07-14  0:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Sorry for the privat mail Bastien, I hit `R' instead of `F'...

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Patrick Drechsler <patrick@pdrechsler.de> writes:
>
>> would it be useful for others to deactivate the timestamp when
>> exporting?
>
> As an ugly workaround:
>
>   .timestamp { display: none }
>   .timestamp-kwd { display: none }
>
> ... in the css.

but this would not influence the other export formats... (I mainly use
ASCII).

> But i do agree - that would be useful to have an option.

thanks for the feedback,

Patrick
--
The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the
day they start making vacuum cleaners. -- Ernst Jan Plugge

* Re: customizing export timestamp?
@ 2007-07-16  7:28 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-07-16  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Drechsler; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jul 14, 2007, at 1:33, Patrick Drechsler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> would it be useful for others to deactivate the timestamp when
> exporting?
>
> For example something like:

> WDT?

I agree that it is useful to turn this of.  In 5.04 there will be
two new options

org-export-author-info
org-export-time-stamp-file

to decide if the author name/email should be included, and if
the time/date should be explicitly shown in the file.  You can
set both on a per-file basis with

Thanks for the proposal.

- Carsten