* Fwd:  Emphasizing multiple lines
       [not found] <2F0A2ED6-48A0-4764-A33B-48AB87C5FCC5@ur.rochester.edu>
@ 2014-06-05  3:18 ` Doyley, Marvin M.
From: Doyley, Marvin M. @ 2014-06-05  3:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eric@ericabrahamsen.net; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

>> Check out the docstring for org-emphasis-regexp-components -- the fifth
>> element determines how many newlines can be spanned by emphasis markers.
>> For instance, I've got:
>>
>> (setf (nth 4 org-emphasis-regexp-components) 3)
>
>> Hope that helps.

> Hi Eric,
>
> This works like a charm. The only snag is that I have to refill the paragraph to get it to work.
> Is there a way around this ?
>
> cheers,

* Re: Fwd:  Emphasizing multiple lines
@ 2014-06-05  3:33   ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2014-06-05  3:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

"Doyley, Marvin M." <mdoyley@ur.rochester.edu> writes:

>>> Check out the docstring for org-emphasis-regexp-components -- the fifth
>>> element determines how many newlines can be spanned by emphasis markers.
>>> For instance, I've got:
>>>
>>> (setf (nth 4 org-emphasis-regexp-components) 3)
>>
>>> Hope that helps.

>> Hi Eric,
>>
>> This works like a charm. The only snag is that I have to refill the paragraph to get it to work.
>> Is there a way around this ?
>>
>> cheers,

Yup, looks like that's how it works over here, too -- as far as I know
it won't automatically display the face when you close emphasis past a
newline. It's only cosmetic, though -- export and whatnot will parse it
correctly. My guess is there's no easy way around it...

* Re: Fwd:  Emphasizing multiple lines
@ 2014-06-05 16:55 Doyley, Marvin M.
From: Doyley, Marvin M. @ 2014-06-05 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eric@ericabrahamsen.net; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

> Yup, looks like that's how it works over here, too -- as far as I know
> it won't automatically display the face when you close emphasis past a
> newline. It's only cosmetic, though -- export and whatnot will parse it
> correctly. My guess is there's no easy way around it...

Hi Eric,
Since this is only cosmetic, I will work with the default values.