* howto refile to non-agenda file?
@ 2009-05-24 14:30 Eraldo Helal
From: Eraldo Helal @ 2009-05-24 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-Mode

howto refile to non-agenda file?

I want to be able to refile projects to a reference.org file.
At the moment, if I create that file in the same directory as eraldo.org,
it will show up as refile option, but also in the agenda!

Another question I have is: How can I refile an item or tree to a new file?

Greetings,
Eraldo

* Re: howto refile to non-agenda file?
@ 2009-05-25  3:10 ` Matthew Lundin
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2009-05-25  3:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eraldo Helal; +Cc: Org-Mode

Hi Eraldo,

Eraldo Helal <eraldo@eraldo.at> writes:

> howto refile to non-agenda file?
>
> I want to be able to refile projects to a reference.org file.
> At the moment, if I create that file in the same directory as eraldo.org,
> it will show up as refile option, but also in the agenda!

You can specify the files you'd like to refile to with
org-refile-targets. You can add as many additional files as you'd like,
indicating for each how deep you'd like the refile targets to descend
(i.e., 1st level, 2nd level, etc.).

Here's my current customization, to provide an example:

(setq org-refile-targets '((org-agenda-files :maxlevel . 2)
			   (nil :maxlevel . 3)
			   ("~/mystuff/wiki/wiki.org" :maxlevel . 1)))

> Another question I have is: How can I refile an item or tree to a new file?

You can create a new headline within a file when you refile, but I'm not
aware of any way to create a new file.

Regards,
Matt

* Re: howto refile to non-agenda file?
@ 2009-05-26  1:15   ` Eraldo Helal
From: Eraldo Helal @ 2009-05-26  1:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Lundin; +Cc: Org-Mode

Thank you Matt!

This helped me a lot!

@ 2009-05-26  1:30     ` Eraldo Helal
From: Eraldo Helal @ 2009-05-26  1:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Lundin; +Cc: Org-Mode

At the moment I use:
(setq org-agenda-files (list org-directory))
to define which files should be used by the agenda.

However, I would like to exclude one file sitting in this directory
without having to put it in a subdirectory.

How would/could I do that... any idea?

Eraldo