Changed that variable... works great again. I remember reading about a setting to auto-indent description text. On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 01:32, Matthew Lundin wrote: > Bernt Hansen writes: > > > Eraldo Helal writes: > > > >> I just found out that there is a newline before each headline in the > recent version of org-mode (6.24). > >> > >> Is there a post explaining why this change was made? > >> > >> I have troubles with that, for example: > >> > >> when adding a new headline while looking at the overview... > >> the newline does not get made... > >> and therefore all the following will not have it until one changes the > behavior by making one before creating a new one > >> again. > > > > (as explained on IRC) you need to customize the > > org-blank-before-new-entry variable to change this behaviour. > > See also the FAQ that addresses this: > > > http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php#blank-line-after-headlines-and-list-items > > - Matt >