* remember template indentation
@ 2009-03-28 18:45 Eraldo Helal
From: Eraldo Helal @ 2009-03-28 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-Mode

If the :LOGBOOK: property gets created via TODO state change...

; log state changes into a drawer (introduced in Orgmode 6.23)
(setq org-log-into-drawer "LOGBOOK")

> the :LOGBOOK: item is indented (has as many spaces to the left as the
headline) and gets moved(left right) together with the headline if I use
M-<left|right>.

If I create it with my remember template however...

      ("inbox" ?i "* %^{topic}%i\n:LOGBOOK:\n- Created: %U from
%a\n:END:\n%?" "inbox.org" "stuff")

then it is all the way in the left margin (first char)
and it does not move when the headline does (promote|demote)

Any idea how I can get my remember template to make the LOGBOOK and enter
the creation date there while keeping the default behavior?

* Re: remember template indentation
@ 2009-03-28 22:19 ` David Maus
From: David Maus @ 2009-03-28 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Evening,

On 28 Mar 09, Eraldo Helal wrote:

> If I create it with my remember template however...
>
>       ("inbox" ?i "* %^{topic}%i\n:LOGBOOK:\n- Created: %U from
> %a\n:END:\n%?" "inbox.org" "stuff")
>
> then it is all the way in the left margin (first char)
> and it does not move when the headline does (promote|demote)
>
> Any idea how I can get my remember template to make the LOGBOOK and enter
> the creation date there while keeping the default behavior?

Intend the LOGBOOK-Drawer in your template with two spaces:

("inbox" ?i "* %^{topic}%i\n  :LOGBOOK:\n  - Created: %U from %a\n  :END:\n%?"
"inbox.org" "stuff")

This template creates a level two headline in inbox.org like this:

* stuff
** <your topic>
   :LOGBOOK:
   - Created <timestamp> from <link>
   :END:
<your description>

So the LOGBOOK-Drawer is placed exactly if it would be if created by
changing a todo state (and behaves so). The "\n" is a escape sequence that stands for RET.

Regards,

  -- David
--
Email..... maus.david@gmail.com
Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org

* Re: remember template indentation
@ 2009-03-28 22:43   ` Eraldo Helal
From: Eraldo Helal @ 2009-03-28 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Maus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

The problem is that the LOGBOOK item does not move with the headline...

example:

BEFORE
** <your topic>
  :LOGBOOK:
  - Created <timestamp> from <link>
  :END:
<your description>

AFTER
**** <your topic>
  :LOGBOOK:
  - Created <timestamp> from <link>
  :END:
<your description>

It does when created by changing to state....
But I did also find out that this is a general problem! (not remember only)

It works like this:
If there is a description text, it does not move with the headline.
If there is no description text, it does move along with the headline.

Any suggestions how to solve this?

PS: Thank you for your reply.

@ 2009-03-28 23:58     ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2009-03-28 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eraldo Helal; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Eraldo Helal <admin@eraldo.at> writes:

> The problem is that the LOGBOOK item does not move with the headline...
>
> example:
>
> BEFORE
> ** <your topic>
>   :LOGBOOK:
>   - Created <timestamp> from <link>
>   :END:
> <your description>
>
> AFTER
> **** <your topic>
>   :LOGBOOK:
>   - Created <timestamp> from <link>
>   :END:
> <your description>
>
> It does when created by changing to state....
> But I did also find out that this is a general problem! (not remember only)
>
> It works like this:
> If there is a description text, it does not move with the headline.
> If there is no description text, it does move along with the headline.
>
> Any suggestions how to solve this?

You need to indent all of the text under the headline for the indents to
change

If any of the text is indented _less_ than the heading level then
changing indents is disabled IIRC.

-Bernt