If the :LOGBOOK: property gets created via TODO state change... ; log state changes into a drawer (introduced in Orgmode 6.23) (setq org-log-into-drawer "LOGBOOK") > the :LOGBOOK: item is indented (has as many spaces to the left as the headline) and gets moved(left right) together with the headline if I use M-. If I create it with my remember template however... ("inbox" ?i "* %^{topic}%i\n:LOGBOOK:\n- Created: %U from %a\n:END:\n%?" "inbox.org" "stuff") then it is all the way in the left margin (first char) and it does not move when the headline does (promote|demote) Any idea how I can get my remember template to make the LOGBOOK and enter the creation date there while keeping the default behavior?