Hi Tom, On Apr 9, 2009, at 2:05 AM, Tom Breton (Tehom) wrote: > My previous fix was mistaken. Not sure why it passed tests; I > have two theories. Regardless, it was wrong. Current > `(org-outline-level)' seems the correct "LEVEL=" matcher argument to > make `org-map-entries' find only an item's immediate children. > (Operated > on by `org-reduced-level' of course) I don't quite understand why. > > Second, I may have solved the mystery of how the bug got by me before. > `org-map-entries' used to place point at the beginning of an item, a > fact which I used to recognize visiting the same item. That seems to > have changed between org versions. > > Third, I have fixed the real bug - properly now, I hope! - and > attached a patch. I have applied the patch. Indeed, there was a problem with the cursor positioning during mapping, but I think this should be fixed again. Really, I want the cursor at the beginning of the entry when the mapping function is called. So maybe you'd like to pull from git, check again, and revert the change? I believe that the back-to-heading wrapper will not hurt, but I also believe it is no longer necessary. My apologies for the mess. - Carsten