Yes, dvi file can not display tikz picture correctly . Why do you use divpng? Auctex can preview tikz , it does not use dvipng. Thanks 2009/8/14 Nick Dokos > Graham Smith wrote: > > > Something I, as a comparative beginner can answer :-) > > > > > how to draw picture in org-mode ? Does it support tikz/pgf ? > > > > Yes, I found it worked fine for me. I had a silly problem with page > > margins (searchng the forum for tikz/pgf will find my recent posts), > > that was my fault but other than that the flow charts and mindmaps I > > have done work well. > > > > Let me add a qualifier: if you try to preview the image, then it does > not seem to work, but that seems to be a characteristic of tikz/pgf, > rather than org-mode. > > Here's the experiment, should somebody care to try it: > > o Start with a simple picture - the one waterloo posted earlier in > the month will do: > > ,---- > | #+LaTeX_HEADER: \usepackage{tikz} > | > | * Draw > | > | \begin{tikzpicture} > | \draw (0,0) -- (10,0); > | \end{tikzpicture} > `---- > > o Export it to LaTeX with C-c C-e l. > > o Process the latex file with pdflatex and view with xpdf - everything > is fine. > > o Process the latex file with latex, producing a dvi file. View the dvi > file with xdvi: the picture is missing (and I get a Ghostscript error.) > > o Process the dvi file to PS with dvips and view the resulting PS file: > the picture is there. > > Since (I'm guessing) preview processes the dvi file with dvipng and > since the dvi file seems to have some kind of problem, preview does not > work. > > HTH, > Nick >