Excuse me . I put the following latex code in an org file , and put point in it ,C-c C-x C-l. It don't produce the correct image. There is only an square appearing . The latex environment is include in amsmath package, which is include in Org Format Latex Header defautly. \begin{matrix} 1&d\\ d&d\\ \end{matrix} Another question, I cannot understand the sentence. `To avoid conflicts with currency specifications, single ‘$’ characters are only recognized as math delimiters if the enclosed text contains at most two line breaks, is directly attached to the ‘$’ characters with no whitespace in between, and if the closing ‘$’ is followed by whitespace, punctuation or a dash. ' Thanks 2009/8/11 Carsten Dominik > So then, what do you mean by > > "org-mode can not precess some LATEX environment" > > Please, if you want us to spend the time giving you the > answer, put in the time to explain yourself clearly, if > possible already in the initial post and not after two > mails back and forth. This will allow the experts in the > group to spend their time efficiently, and it will also > create better records in the mailing list archives. > > - Carsten > > > On Aug 11, 2009, at 10:48 AM, waterloo wrote: > > It is `amsmath' , not `amslatex' . >> Org include amsmath defaultly . >> >> >> 2009/8/11 Carsten Dominik >> >> On Aug 11, 2009, at 10:37 AM, waterloo wrote: >> >> org-mode can not precess some LATEX environment . >> Such as : >> \begin{matrix} >> \end{matrix} >> >> which is in amslatex. >> >> Org-mode will handle these environments, but you must require the package >> in the header: >> >> >> #+LaTeX_HEADER: \usepackage{amslatex} >> >> Or add to org-export-latex-package-alist >> >> - Carsten >> >> >> >