* Conversion to Jupyter notebooks
@ 2022-02-07  7:55 Joost Kremers
From: Joost Kremers @ 2022-02-07  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi list,

I was wondering if anyone here has experience converting Org files to Jupyter notebooks, keeping the python source blocks as code blocks and correctly identifying the =#+RESULTS:=. Just dropping the results would be fine as well.

I realise there are several ways to interact with Jupyter notebooks in Emacs, but that's not really what I'm looking for. I'd like a plain old Org file with source blocks that I can execute within Emacs and I would like to convert that into an .ipynb file that I can share with people that don't use Emacs.

All I could find on the internet was a script by John Kitchin[1] that's from 2017 and it's apparently not entirely compatible with current Emacs and/or Org mode, as it throws errors when I try to use it. I'm sure I could fix the errors, but before I invest the time to do that, I wanted to ask here.

TIA

Joost

Footnotes:
[1]  https://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu/blog/2017/01/21/Exporting-org-mode-to-Jupyter-notebooks/

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments

* Re: Conversion to Jupyter notebooks
@ 2022-02-07  9:14 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-02-07  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joost Kremers; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

"Joost Kremers" <joostkremers@fastmail.fm> writes:

> All I could find on the internet was a script by John Kitchin[1] that's from 2017 and it's apparently not entirely compatible with current Emacs and/or Org mode, as it throws errors when I try to use it. I'm sure I could fix the errors, but before I invest the time to do that, I wanted to ask here.

ox-ipynb is being maintained at
https://github.com/jkitchin/ox-ipynb

Best,
Ihor

* Re: Conversion to Jupyter notebooks
@ 2022-02-07 10:11   ` Joost Kremers
From: Joost Kremers @ 2022-02-07 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fatiparty---

On Mon, 7 Feb 2022, at 10:14, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
> ox-ipynb is being maintained at
> https://github.com/jkitchin/ox-ipynb

Ah, great! I had somehow missed that...

--