* long outline entries
@ 2015-01-22 22:06 Jude DaShiell
From: Jude DaShiell @ 2015-01-22 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Is there any way in org-mode to have two things happeautomatically when a
long outline entry gets keyed into a file?  First the lines of the outline
entry do not go beyond a defined right margin and split on spaces.
Second, subsequent lines created by above wrapping start on a left margin
that makes it clear to org-mode that these additional lines are all part
of the original outline entry since they're inside the indents created by
the stars and space that started the original outline entry?  A question
to clarify things a little bit may help.  Let's say an entry starts with
three stars followed by a space followed by the start of the outline item.
In order for things to lok neat and be correct, would org-mode start a
wrapped line from that outline item if it was longer say than 65
characters total on line 2 and space 5?

jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net> Twitter: @JudeDaShiell

* Re: long outline entries
@ 2015-01-23  8:54 ` e.fraga
From: e.fraga @ 2015-01-23  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jude DaShiell; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thursday, 22 Jan 2015 at 17:06, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> Is there any way in org-mode to have two things happeautomatically when a
> long outline entry gets keyed into a file?  First the lines of the outline
> entry do not go beyond a defined right margin and split on spaces.
> Second, subsequent lines created by above wrapping start on a left margin
> that makes it clear to org-mode that these additional lines are all part
> of the original outline entry since they're inside the indents created by
> the stars and space that started the original outline entry?  A question

Maybe auto-fill-mode is what you want?
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.1, Org release_8.3beta-717-gd36bd8

* Re: long outline entries
@ 2015-01-23 17:04   ` Subhan Michael Tindall
From: Subhan Michael Tindall @ 2015-01-23 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk', Jude DaShiell; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Auto-fil-mode doesn't apply to headlines.  AFAIK, there is no way to automatically wrap a headline other than hitting enter, and this moves the rest of what you are typing into the body of the entry.
If I'm recalling correctly, wrapping headlines like you have suggested (which I would like myself!) would break the new more formal drawers format without some significant rewrite.

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.  Thank you.