From: Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl>
To: emacs-orgmode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Org-mode verion 4.65
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 15:50:03 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi,

I have released version 4.65 at

http://www.astro.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org.

Among other things, this release provides a way to maintain LaTeX tale
using the orgtbl mode.

Enjoy!

Changes in Version 4.65
-----------------------

* Overview

   - Orgtbl can be used to maintain tables in LaTeX, and in any other
mode
   - Editing Lisp formulas for table improved.
   - Better structure for HTML exported tables.
   - New "calculation" marker "/" to mark lines that should not be
exported.

* Detailed description of changes

   - You can use orgtbl mode to maintain a LaTeX table, or pretty much
     any table in any mode.

     This does *not* work by making Orgtbl aware of LaTeX syntax.  That
     would be a box of Pandora I am not willing to open.  Instead, you
     use a normal Orgtbl-mode table, and a converter program to
     automatically place a LaTeX version of the table into the correct
     spot in the LaTeX file.  The orgtbl-mode table can be maintained
     inside the same file, in a block comment.

     I am providing a translators for LaTeX, HTML, and TeXInfo.  For
     other applications, you need to write one yourself - but that is
     not hard if you start from the LaTeX version and just modify it.

     Please read the manual for details.

http://staff.science.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org/org.html#Tables-in-
arbitrary-syntax

     Thanks to Thomas Baumann for triggering this development through
     a request for a table-to-LaTeX converter.

   - In the special buffer to edit the formulas of a table (created
     with "C-c '", there is now better support for editing Lisp
     formulas.  TAB and M-TAB work like in an Emacs Lisp buffer,
     indenting lines and completing lisp symbols.  With the cursor on
     a line defining a complex Lisp formula, a first press on TAB will
     convert the formula into a pretty-printed version with proper
     linebreaks and indentation.  A second TAB folds the line back to
     the compact form.

   - Tables in HTML export have now additional structure elements
     defined.  The header (before the first hline) is wrapped into
     <thead>..</thead>, and each part of the body (as separated in
     org-mode by hlines) is wrapped into <tbody>..</tbody> tags.  I
     have also changed the CSS style for <td> fields and the value of
     `org-export-html-table-tag' to get cleaner tables. Basically,
     tables now have horizontal lines only where needed, and no
     vertical lines at all, as generally recommended for tables in
     printed text.  I like the new look, but I am not sure if this
     change will find general approval, please throw in your view if
     you like.  Thanks to Scott for driving this, and to goud-H for
     pointing me to the row grouping in tables.

   - In a table with calculation markers in the first column, you can
     now also put "/" into the first column.  It indicates that this
     line should not be exported.  The foremost application for this
     are lines containing only "<N>" markers for narrowing columns.