* [BUG] org-cdlatex after environment
@ 2010-12-17 13:28 Maximilian Matthé
From: Maximilian Matthé @ 2010-12-17 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi guys,

I'm using fresh pulled orgmode, emacs 23.1

Having this:

,----
| \begin{eqnarray*}
| b&=&
| \begin{cases}
| 1 & a>0 \\ 2 & \mbox{else}   # (1)
| \end{cases}
|   # (2)
| \end{eqnarray*}
`----

typing _ at # (1) shows up _{}, but typing this at #(2) does nothing
special. It seems, as if cdlatex thinks, the math block has ended
after \end{cases}, since fr<TAB> does not expand, too etc.

It would be really great to have it fixed :)

Regards, Max

* Re: [BUG] org-cdlatex after environment
@ 2011-01-09 10:42 ` David Maus
From: David Maus @ 2011-01-09 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maximilian Matthé; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

At Fri, 17 Dec 2010 14:28:22 +0100,
Maximilian Matthé wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm using fresh pulled orgmode, emacs 23.1
>
> Having this:
>
> ,----
> | \begin{eqnarray*}
> | b&=&
> | \begin{cases}
> | 1 & a>0 \\ 2 & \mbox{else}   # (1)
> | \end{cases}
> |   # (2)
> | \end{eqnarray*}
> `----
>
> typing _ at # (1) shows up _{}, but typing this at #(2) does nothing
> special. It seems, as if cdlatex thinks, the math block has ended
> after \end{cases}, since fr<TAB> does not expand, too etc.
>
> It would be really great to have it fixed :)

Could you provide a small Org mode file to reproduce this problem?  I
am not very familar with the usage of Org mode and LaTex so I
currently have no clue how to reproduce the problem.

Thanks,
  -- David
--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6
Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 230 bytes --]

* Re: [BUG] org-cdlatex after environment
@ 2011-01-09 11:07   ` Maximilian Matthe
From: Maximilian Matthe @ 2011-01-09 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Maus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

David Maus <dmaus@ictsoc.de> writes:

> At Fri, 17 Dec 2010 14:28:22 +0100,
> Maximilian Matthé wrote:
>>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I'm using fresh pulled orgmode, emacs 23.1
>>
>> Having this:
>>
>> ,----
>> | \begin{eqnarray*}
>> | b&=&
>> | \begin{cases}
>> | 1 & a>0 \\ 2 & \mbox{else}   # (1)
>> | \end{cases}
>> |   # (2)
>> | \end{eqnarray*}
>> `----
>>
>> typing _ at # (1) shows up _{}, but typing this at #(2) does nothing
>> special. It seems, as if cdlatex thinks, the math block has ended
>> after \end{cases}, since fr<TAB> does not expand, too etc.
>>
>> It would be really great to have it fixed :)
>
> Could you provide a small Org mode file to reproduce this problem?  I
> am not very familar with the usage of Org mode and LaTex so I
> currently have no clue how to reproduce the problem.
>
> Thanks,
>   -- David

Sure, it's attached, with some  comments in it to reproduce.
Thanks, Max

[-- Attachment #2: cld-bug.org --]

* Heading
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
;; Turn on cdlatex-mode
(org-cdlatex-mode 1)
#+END_SRC

\begin{eqnarray*}
 & & \\
\end{eqnarray*}

\begin{eqnarray*}
b&=&
\begin{cases}
1 & 2 \\ 3 & 4
\end{cases}
5
\end{eqnarray*}

Typing _ after 4 prints _{}. Typing _ after 5 only gives _. 5 isn't
considered to be part of math-mode anymore.

* Re: [BUG] org-cdlatex after environment
@ 2011-01-19 10:13 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2011-01-19 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maximilian Matthé; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Dec 17, 2010, at 2:28 PM, Maximilian Matthé wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm using fresh pulled orgmode, emacs 23.1
>
> Having this:
>
> ,----
> | \begin{eqnarray*}
> | b&=&
> | \begin{cases}
> | 1 & a>0 \\ 2 & \mbox{else}   # (1)
> | \end{cases}
> |   # (2)
> | \end{eqnarray*}
> `----
>
> typing _ at # (1) shows up _{}, but typing this at #(2) does nothing
> special. It seems, as if cdlatex thinks, the math block has ended
> after \end{cases}, since fr<TAB> does not expand, too etc.
>
> It would be really great to have it fixed :)

Yes, the parser does not do a good job with nested environments here.
Not easy to fix, I am afraid.  I'd say, live with it.

- Carsten