* tags
@ 2012-11-09 13:00 johnrarellano
From: johnrarellano @ 2012-11-09 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Related to a recent question, is there a way to bookmark a spot in a
long text?

My makeshift method right now is to create a temporary subheader at
the position and then tag it, but I would like to implement tags much
like the Emacs "mark" is often implemented temporarily. Jumping to
precisely the cursor position where I was last reading.

* Re: tags
@ 2012-11-09 13:12 ` Giovanni Ridolfi
From: Samuel Wales @ 2012-11-09 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giovanni Ridolfi; +Cc: johnrarellano@aol.com, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Bookmarks are excellent for persistence.  However, if you want
robustness to filling and sorting, then implementing ID markers might
be a good way to solve it.

Samuel

It is a progressive disease.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY
can get it.  There is no hope without action.