* Call for documentation of contributed packages
@ 2009-02-10  7:55 Carsten Dominik
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-02-10  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have started a new directory in Worg which will contain
documentation for the contributed packages that are living
in Org's contrib/ directory.  These packages are currently
not documented in the Org-mode manual, and the documentation
in the Lisp files themselves is relative hard to access for
people looking for interesting ideas and solutions that might
be found among these packages.

It seems to me that the best way to improve this would be to
put documentation for these packages on the web.

Worg now contains a directory org-contrib with an index page
listing the available pages, with a brief description of what
the package is about.  Right now, there is only one item,
the documentation Tom Breton wrote for org-choose.el.

So this is a call for authors of contributed packages to
document their package here.

To start up this process,  I am looking for a volunteer, with
the following task:

Go through the file commentaries of stuff in Org's contrib
directory and extract information from the file commentaries to
create a page for each of these packages.  Making a start in
this way would be great, and package authors and users could
then improve on this with time.  Anyone???

Once this is done, I will replace the "Extensions" section in
the manual with a link to the Worg pages, which will then be
a much better way to browse and find packages.

Thanks

- Carsten