That would be the variable org-highlight-sparse-tree-matches. How to find it? M-x org-customize RET Open the "Org Structure" group Open the "Org Sparse Trees" group and there it is. Or, alternatively M-x apropos-variable RET org.*highlight RET HTH - Carsten On Mar 4, 2009, at 6:14 PM, Scott Randby wrote: > Hi, > > Whenever a tag search is done, the beginning of the lines containing > the desired tags are highlighted (in yellow with my setup). I can see > why this is desired behavior, but I don't want my tag searches to > highlight anything. First, I don't like the way the highlighting > looks, and second, the highlighting forces me to do C-u C-c C-c twice > if I want to recompute the values in a table. Being lazy, I only want > to do C-u C-c C-c once. > > So, is there a way to set org-mode so that it won't highlight the > results of a tag search? I've tried customizing various variables, but > nothing I've tried works, and I can't find anything about this in the > manual. > > Oh yes, I'm using org-mode 6.23 in emacs 22 though this has been an > issue for me all the versions of org-mode I've used. > > Scott Randby > > > _______________________________________________ > Emacs-orgmode mailing list > Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list. > Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode